Slam Poem Response

 Slam Poem Response

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Ks1ceHkus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0snNB1yS3IE


I really liked Sarah Kay’s “B” poem AKA "If I should have a daughter..." I believe this poem carries a profound and deep message about going beyond the traditional role of a mother in a family. Sarah places a strong emphasis on the idea of being a mother figure who goes beyond just her expected duties; she gives wisdom and teaches valuable life lessons about this matter. It encourages a listener to appreciate the small joys and to embrace and approach life's challenges with courage and strength. I believe the poem places a strong emphasis on going beyond just what you're expected to do as a parental figure; making sure your kid truly understands the nature of life to its fullest even if you yourself can never truly understand how the world works.


Reflecting on this performance I feel that I am deeply moved by the emotions and imagery conveyed in each stanza. I feel the poem excellently captures the intricacy of life and acknowledges both the hardships and grace that go along with it. This poem is also paralleled with some witty humor that I quite enjoyed. I really like this poem because it used a lot of metaphors and similes paired with jokes to really push a message. You don't usually see such strong persuasive examples used in slam poetry but I feel that this is a prime example of the former.


Comments

Popular Posts